Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Phat Fiber

So I got very lucky - my clicking finger was fast enough to catch a Phat Fiber box for March. I think they went in less than a minute, certainly in less than 3 minutes. It arrived Thursday (I think) but I haven't had time to do anything with the contents - yet.


First the non-fiber goodies. Starting in the upper left corner, a bookmark from Becky's Paper Creations. She has wonderful note cards, stationery, and best of all handmade books and journals. Then the strawberry notecard from Marlyn's Corner Store - very cute. Then there are lots of business cards and then over on the left, under the bookmark is the cutest little sheepy stitchmarker - but I think I'm going to make a necklace out of it - from Yarndemon Designs. Her etsy store is full of the cutest little critters made from polymer clay that you ever saw. I've ordered some special ones for necklaces for the girls for Easter - but I can't show those yet or say more cuz they are a surprise.




Open the box and just look at all that fibery, smooshy stuff! Very super cool!

Again starting in the upper left hand corner - the biggest bag of Shetland Fleece from Baa Hurrah - not sure, but I think it must have been one of the big surprise prizes that they stuck in some of the boxes. Next to that is the Altered Visions sample - lovely green/gold fiber with bits of glitter and sari silk waste. The green next to it is a Tracy Rios batt - angora and wool and very soft and nice. Below that is a lovely little mix of alpaca, merino and silk - very soft and pretty colors - from Whorling Tides. And the dark green naturally dyed merino roving to the left of that is the sample from Natchwoolie - she's got some lovely roving in her shop that I have had my eye on. And last, but certainly not least, on the far left on the bottom, from North Star Alpacas - some lovely merino/alpaca roving from her very own alpaca girl Sonata.

And then there is the yarn! I wish the colors showed better in this photo. The top left yarn from Sparkleshan is absolutely gorgeous - she calls it Saturday in the park and it's full of glorious greens and flowery rose colors with bits of golden brown tossed in. Check out her shop because she has some gorgeous jewelry there too. The orange/red next to it is from Bohemian Knitter Chick and next to that is some recycled yarn from Jag's Funky Fibers. Below that, the green sock yarn is from The Yarn Side. The yarn below that is call Fjord and is from Katsara Luxury Yarns. In the center on the bottom is Wild Hare handspun in gold and glitz - called Pot of Gold and absolutely lovely - would love enough to make something nice out of this! And the last little sample from Laura Murphy of Wild Thyme is gorgeous with beads and glitz plyed into the yarn. She is really an artist and spins some wild and beautiful yarn.

Inthe first pic of the bits, I didn't show the pattern - Mrs. Dalloway - from The Crochet Side - wish I was into crochet but she does have a couple of knit patterns. And the lovely lavender sachet from Ambrosia and Bliss - Miss S snagged that one and I let her because she loves lavendar and I really don't.
There were a few things I would have loved to have gotten that I didn't get - two different and very nice shawl pins, needle felted mini sheep and alpacas, some lovely row counters and bracelets, etc. But all in all, I'm very happy with my box - again. Think I will try for another one in April. But for now, I think I'll just go spin some fiber up and see what it does.

2 comments:

Alpaca Granny said...

Thanks for taking the time to share your treasures. I haven't received a box yet but it looks like so much fun.
Maple

Anita said...

Great box! Did your sheepie head come loose? If it did you can put some superglue on there, that works great with the clay.... :)