Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tatting Tea (er, maybe not) Tuesday

Well, I really did start out tatting with a cup of tea.  But then I ran into some problems.  (You can see evidence of one of them in the very front of this first picture).  So I moved on to something more conducive to relaxing and finishing something.  That's pink champagne in that glass.  It worked and I finished what I was working on.

So I started out making this wreath for the Holiday exchange on The Tatting Forums.  (It was replaced with another piece that I had finished when this one started giving me trouble.)  I saw it on someone's blog but now I can't remember who made it.  Whoever it was also just made the first round and decided that it was pretty that way and didn't add the second round to finish it.  The pattern is from Tatman's Chatline which has a bunch of really nice patterns.  I think I might buy his one shuttle patterns book for myself after the holidays.  The pattern is by Laura Bobay and can be found here.   I may go back and add the second round now that the wreath is no longer going on a road trip and I have lots of time to do it.  It's made in Lizbeth size 20 in the Leaf Green Medium (684).

Remember this?  It's Mary Konior's Posy pattern from Tatting with Visual Patterns.  I made this one a while ago and thought how much it looked like a wreath in Lizbeth Christmas Green Mix (152).  I decided to give it a shot.
Here is the same pattern - Mary Konior's Posy done in Lizbeth size 20 in Medium Leaf Green (684) with red beads on all the picots.  That's two projects in a row using beads.  I still haven't used beads when joining picots because these beads were too small to fit my smallest crochet hook through.  And I think there are still more ways to add beads that I haven't tried, but I think I might start using them more.  I really like how this turned out.

Now I'm going to go put some Christmas Delight and Angels Love on shuttles and tat something for Christmas.  Oh and I'm going to work on that Christmas Stocking that has to be done early next week . . . I'm going to start it soon, real soon . . . maybe after just one little snowflake.

5 comments:

Fox said...

WOW - right back at you! These are beautiful! Posy with beads is fantastic! I must go find that pattern....
Fox : )

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Tatting Wine Tuesday works for me... I believe someone called it Tipsy Tatting Tuesday, or something like that, on one of my posts! : )

I love your wreaths, and I really feel the urge to tat one! Thanks for the link!

However, no tatting for me until I finish the scarves I'm knitting.

Gina said...

I love the way you've given Konior's pattern a holiday twist!

Beads - to have a bead where you join without picking them up with a hook, string them on the shuttle thread first like I'm assuming you did for the groups of three. You're just putting them where the picots are, right? So put 1 (or more) in the same picot where you will make a join later but leave the picot space with the bead a bit loose so that when you go to join, your hook or shuttle tip (hook is probably better in this case) will fit easily. I do remember someone (Jon!) who had a little tutorial about joining so that the bead lays nicely on top.

Cindy said...

I LOVE the posy pattern as a wreath! It looks great with the red beads. I might have to try that :)

tattrldy said...

Both of your wreaths look beautiful! Maybe I should take a break from snowflakes to try one or both) of these!

Came over from Fox's blog where she mentioned you had done Mary's Posy.