Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Bringing Up to Date

The last post was a very long time ago.

A lot has happened in the 2 plus years since the last post was made.

This blog was created when my dad passed away and my mom, Elaine, came to live in my back yard.  Teresa had spent years taking care of our parents, visiting them, taking care of their plants and ponds, helping them with whatever they needed help with.  With dad's passing, mom couldn't live on the mountain by herself.  I was so fortunate that she agreed to come and live with me.

We created this blog so that mom could see everything that was going on with Teresa and her family and Teresa could keep up with what was happening out here with mom and with my family.  A lot was about our knitting because of course, we had learned to knit from mom and it was a strong binding force.

In 2016 mom's vision was pretty much gone.  Knitting was so very hard for her and reading almost impossible.  And so the posts were fewer and fewer as time went by.

And now mom has passed.  We are almost at the end of cleaning up everything and finishing the estate.  As always, Teresa had the harder tasks, taking care of the will and the estate and the financials and the bickering.  Together we have gotten all the items from mom's life given to those that wanted them and to those that will treasure these memories.  I, of course had the easiest of jobs.  Spending time with mom, taking her to teas, and lunches, and shopping and appointments.

An era has ended and she is so very greatly missed.

Life goes on.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Condolences to you, Teresa and family. My Mom passed in 2006 and I will always miss her yet be thankful for the precious memories. My thoughts are with you. Karen

P.S. Ran into yours and Teresa's blogs several years ago from tatting.

Jane McLellan said...

Sorry to hear that. I used to enjoy reading your blog.