Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Churro Sheep

So, Steve heard a story on the radio - public radio - about the Navajo Churro Sheep. He comes running up and says to me, "Have you heard about these Sherpa Sheep?" I look at him and say "What?" He starts telling me about them, renaming them each time he speaks about them and I say, Oh yeah, I know what you are talking about. I had wanted to try spinning some for a while and so we adopted a sheep and bought some fleece from Wildwood Farms. The first installment from the adopted sheep and the purchased fleece both arrived last week. It is lovely wool. The top coat is indeed very long and the undercoat is very soft. It is incredibly easy to separate the two - the soft undercoat just pulls right out. I think I'm going to try spinning the two seperately just to see how soft the undercoat is.


No comments: