Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tatting Tea Tuesday



Since the Blogger editor is being so stupid, all the pictures will have to be together and all mixed up - I can't move them or type around them anymore. I'm beginning to really hate blogger.

First up on Tatting Tea Tuesday we have new acquisitions. I got two new books: Up and Tat Em from Marilee Rockley and Christmas Ornament Collection by JoAnn Stearns from Handy Hands. I also bought a bunch of lizbeth size 10 and a lacis shuttle from Handy Hands. I've already started tatting with the pretty pink and green size 10.




I have finished two lovely pretties. The first (the multi colored one) is called Hearts in A Snowflake from Jon's Tatting blog. I love her patterns cuz they are so pretty and pretty well explained. She's got a book I want to buy, but I'm not sure I can do tatting on rings yet - I keep trying and failing. The second is from someone named carolivy on the InTatters forum. She calls it the Tatted Clover Bookmark (you may need to be a member to get at that) - it was a pretty easy pattern and I tatted it out of Lizbeth size 20 in Caribean.

My next project is called Black Magic and is from the Mary Konior book Tatting with Visual Patterns. I'm making it in the pretty green and pink lizbeth size 20 I just got and using the new lacis shuttle.


I really do want to learn how to tat around cabone rings - but it's totally escaping me now. Have you tried it? Any tips or hints to share with me?

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Looks like you have a lot of fun ahead of you! I love the colors of thread you've chosen, and your bookmarks are beautiful!

I have Jon's book, but I haven't tried tatting over rings yet... soon! If I come up with any tips, I'll be sure to let you know.

Gina said...

Ah, I find another new tatter! Looks like you're having a great time!

Blogger - I haven't had the issues with photos I hear some complain about but I use the "html" mode, not compose. Wonder if that is making a difference?

IsDihara said...

Ooh, your wooly mug is just too adorable!

Isn't it exciting when your HH order arrives in the mail? All those exciting new threads, just waiting to be tried. (Can you tell I am an unrepentant thread junkie?) ツ

Your tatting looks marvelous and I may have to join you in overcoming the hurdle of tatting over rings. (Better get some rings...)

Like Gina (who is so clever and talented!) I blog primarily in "html" mode to avoid pesky code, spacing and image issues. It saves time.

Ooh, please oh please, will you share something that you have tatted from your new books?