Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Invasion of the . . . .



First, there were the three Huggable Hedgehogs that I made for the girls . . . this was after all the rats I knit because I needed to knit something cute.


Then, someone asked me to make one as a gift for her grand nephew (or is that great nephew?).

I was knitting that one in public and suddenly had a great need to knit three more (well, people greatly wanted these three anyway).

And, of course, I had to knit a couple of baby gifts for babies being born this summer . . .
                              I was getting kinda tired of the little ball thing, so went a different route . . .

Pretty soon, the place was overrun with small, furry, critters . . . they are incredibly cute tho, aren't they?
You will notice the four new guys are a good bit smaller than the original three.  The original three are on the bottom and the four new ones on the step above them.  I think I used two strands of fun fur on the original three and so didn't have to felt the wool as tightly to get them to look good.  The four new ones were double washed.




You should know that they are darn cute before they are felted too!  They look rather a bit like roadkill . . .

Which can be a little nerve wracking and downright disturbing to the already stuffed and felted guys . . .

And they make terrific puppets before they are completed . . .
There is one little guy not shown in the finished pictures - the baby owl.  Right now, the poor little thing has only one wing so he/she hasn't been felted yet.  I need to finish the second wing and get them in the washer . . .soon!
Modeling courtesy of Miss S.

5 comments:

Tat-a-Renda said...

Your huggies are so cute. Love them all.

Gina said...

Adorable! I especially like the penguins!

Anonymous said...

I've made these wonderful hedgehogs too. Want to know what you use for the eyes and nose if you are making them for babies.

Teresa said...

When the toy is intended for a baby, I either needle felt or embroider the eyes. The eyes I use on other toys are called safety eyes and are supposed to be safe for even babies as they are locked on the back of the fabric.

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.