Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We're on our way!

So today is the day we take the girl across several state lines.  She's alternating between being very excited to be going off on her own; being terrified of the big world and being on her own; being thrilled to meet new friends and experience new things and being sad and lost at the idea of being away from her family and friends.  I'm not alternating at all - I'm going to miss her terribly.  But the car is fixed and packed and we're about to head out.  By this time tomorrow I'll be putting her stuff in a room hundreds of miles from my room and there'll be no more nighttime visits from a scared little girl . . . well, at least not that one but the other one is never scared.

Do you think she packed enough stuff?
And as if it were a consolation prize, my tropical waterlily finally bloomed for me today.  I can't really capture the subtle shading on the ends of the petals so it looks a lot planer than it really is - and it smells divine.

No comments: