Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Beauty and the Beast

First, Beauty. This is a pic of the first day bloom on my Baby Doll Lotus. This is the same one that Craig sent you that did not live. I will send you more next spring because mine should have been divided this year but wasn't. It smells good too. It had several flowers open while I was out there so I missed them. This late one is a present for me.









And these are pics of the Beast. This spider is living in my Rosemary pot - which is about 3' across. It had a silk tube that ran down the side of the pot between the pot and the stem of the rosemary and on into the dirt. I pulled that web/tube off a couple of times, but the last time I also dug up what was in the dirt. A day or two later, I found this beast on the dirt surface and took pics. It seems that it's a trap door spider - it was big, over an inch long and about 3/4 inch wide. I dunno if it moved out and away or not, but it's not on the surface anymore if it's still in the pot. I'm sure not going to dig down and see if I can find it!







No comments: