Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Gardens - New Pond




Since mom's pond was in the wrong place (in the shade and under walnut trees) something had to be done. One option was to dig it up and move it. Again. And I wasn't going to do that.
The other option was to find something else to put her pond plants in. That I could do.
So we found a 165 gallon stock tank (2x2x6) and set it up right next to her bridge so she can see the plants coming and going.
Fred and I got it in place and filled with water and I added a water lettuce and a water iris (?). Anyhow two floating plants.
Next month or when my budget permits I will get stone and put around it and it will be adorable. And anyone who can do better can come out here and do it better. I will supply them with a place to stay and three meals a day. Every thing else you must provide.
I did put the water lilies in pots and put them in the new pond. This will let me clean out the half barrel and fill it with water and use it for plants in pots. Each of the water lilies has bunches of leaves and may / probably is more than one plant. Feel free to come and repot and replant and whatever.

No comments: