Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

This, That, and The Other




I have finally finished one birthday present sweater, the Tantric Puzzle Sweater. I can't show you what it looks like on because, fortunately for me, there is 3 days before her birthday. And even better, 5 days before she will be down. That gives me five days to get the other two sweaters finished.
Okay finished might be an exaggeration. One is cast on and I have a few inches knit. The other was cast on and one skein knit but I had to rip the whole thing out because I changed needles and thus changed gauge. The one cast on is going to be the most amazingly beautiful sweater I have ever made. A shawl collared cardigan. I am doing it in purple on purple with the second purple mohair and silk. Double threaded it is easy enough to work on but it makes the whole thing so softly squooshy and dreamy.
And - the boys got their hairs cut. All of them. So they don't look like Casey anymore. The big one is Fritz (as befitting a big german name) and the little one is Alf.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Why does one dog have a collar and not the other? And what is that on the collar? Casey never wears a collar because it causes tangles and matts and she doesn't like those - but she has a very nice and ridiculously expensive one that her dad bought her. And what did you do with the hair from the cut? I've spun some of Casey's hair and on her next cut, I'm thinking about spinning all of it.

Alpaca Granny said...

Hi Fritz and Alf. You too, Casey, from Cassie.