Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

In no particular order . . .

Bits and pieces of life in no particular order. First, this box came yesterday and I was surprised that it came so fast. Two new bobbins and a speed flyer for my wheel. They are so nice and bright and new . . . . Now I must spin like a madwoman and fill them with yarn. Think I'm going to give up on the nasty brown stuff and start to spin some newer, better fiber because if I like it better, I'll do more and do it more quickly.

Progress is being made on the socks that took forever. First, the Monterey out of the Numma Numma Toasty for Needlenook: The knitting has been done to this point for quite a while, but that much grafting was daunting. I finally got around to kitchenering (is that a word?) both socks - all the way up the side - and am ready to add toes, heels and cuffs. That much picking up of stitches is also daunting, but one sock now has most of a toe.

The Miss Babs Biological Clock socks are well on their way to completion, but as they are knit on size one needles, I have to take more breaks from knitting them. I do like the pattern and I really like the yarn - the color, the texture, the knitability, all of it. Both patterns are from The Eclectic Sole which Mother gave me as a present. I really like that book.

The teenage girl and her boyfriend spent the evening of Valentine's Day needle felting on the kitchen floor. That may not seem romantic to you, but they seemed to have fun. She made the heart (and I think gave it to him) and he made the plane. The bird was the one she made a few months ago . . . he was very impressed with it.

And these are my new 'business' cards. They are tiny, about an inch by 2 1/2 inches and each one has a picture (or portion of a picture) that I took. I got them from Moo which is a british company that prints things using pictures from your flickr account. Each of them has my name, address, phone & email address on the back. Cute, aren't they?

2 comments:

Dena said...

Love your business cards. What a great idea.

Eve said...

I love all the pictures of craftiness and of the Moo cards.