Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pretty, pretty!

The hydrangeas are blooming - big fat, gorgeous clumps of flowers. Oddly, this year I have one that's blooming pink (never, ever happens in our southern acid soil) and another that's blooming purple (happens, but not to me). They are gorgeous.









And this is the finished blue bamboo sample that I spun on my trindle. I was able to ply the sample on itself using the trindle - a first for me. It's a lovely, very fine yarn and I think I'm going to make Miss S a lace S bookmark with it after I've washed it and set the spin.

3 comments:

aafke7 said...

Such a nice day! With those lovely magical changeable colored flowers! I'll put my voluptuous roses on my blog in a few hours!Be welcome!Groetjes

Knit Witch said...

Great pictures. I am impressed with your spinning! I love that color too.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

The hydrangeas are gorgeous:)Hugs Darcy