Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Contest is over . . .

So now I can show you my entries. I was proud of them and they didn't do too badly (they at least all got some votes), so I didn't embarass myself.

First, in the handspun category, I entered this alpaca handspun. The fiber came from North Star Alpacas and is a blend of three colors of alpaca - white, gray & brown. It was lovely to spin and because some of it was shorter staple, was less expensive. It still spun like a dream. I navaho plied this for the first time ever.
Then there is the brown shawlette that I entered. It's 75% Alpaca and 25% Merino that I spun, made into a two ply and then knit into the Eyelet & Garter Shawlette Pattern that I bought at Knitter's Camp a gazillion years ago - made a blue one and still love it, so why not make it again? Made this one slightly differently, didn't quite follow the pattern, but it's close enough and still quite a nice little shoulder shawl. In fact, it's so nice that the model stole it and I haven't seen it since the photo shoot.
And last, but certainly not least, is Lanolyn the Mermaid. Crafted by the very talented Miss S. She's gotten very good at needle felting and has made some wonderful things. She's got the cutest little monster in production now . . . will show it when it's done. Unfortunately, Lanolyn had a bit of a run in with some wild dogs and is now in need of major surgery.
Lanolyn won the felting section of the Phat Fiber contest . . . we are very proud and will be repairing her soon.

1 comment:

Eve said...

Woo hoo! I'm so glad she won.