Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there, and my mother most of all!

I'm having a terrific day . . . .
First, I sat in bed and watched Sunday Morning and finished my Fiendishly Difficult Stitches sample.  (I lost the one I did in class.)

 Then I finished and blocked my crocheted together afghan squares.  The sample isn't even because some sides have more scallops than others, but that's ok.  I don't think I would ever use this method of joining squares anyway because it just doesn't end up looking good.

I even worked in all the ends on the back and there were a CRAZY number of ends - another reason to find a better way to join squares if I ever make an afghan this way.

 Then, while sorting out all the samples from all the classes I've taken at Stitches, Saff, Camps, etc . . . 

I made a HUGE mess on the bed and didn't even make it.  I finally cleaned up the mess and made the bed at about 4:00 in the afternoon.

The reason it took that long to finish the samples and clean up the mess was because I got interrupted.  I got flowers and cards from everyone, even the dog (and she gave me a toy every time she saw me all day).  I got a cd of music from the Woods Brothers and a Wii excercise game too.

The very best gift I got though, was that DH brought all my plants up out of the greenhouse for me.  They all have to be brought up a flight of stairs and some of them are very heavy.  It really hurts my knees, elbows and hips to do it, so I've been avoiding doing it even though they should have come out weeks ago.  I still have to clean them up and fertilize and sort them, but that's much easier than carrying them up the stairs!  Seriously, this is the best gift I could have gotten and I didn't even think to ask for it!

Then DH and I went to the pool for a little while and I got caught up on looking at my knitting magazines and knit a little of the next sample (Estonian Patent Stitches) that was lost.  It was lovely - not too hot and not at all cold, not too sunny, but not rainy.

Then we came home and I watered the plants that came out of the greenhouse while DH washed all the cars. They are all so shiny!
Cat helped me - she loves the new jungle.

No comments: