Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

It's Going to Freeze Tonight!



 Nope!  We have not had our first frost yet.  This is what my impatiens looks like now.  It's pretty and it's still blooming.  It hasn't even had a light frost hit it yet.   



These are some more pictures of plants in my gardens.  Things are still blooming - roses, mums, mexican heater, impatiens, obedient plant, etc.  Plantss are green and happy, in spite of the covering of fall leaves, because it's finally rained on them with some regularity.  And now it's time for winter.
So, we gathered up all the tender plants that we want to save, all my passion flowers, my night blooming cereus, my Girl Far From Home's pepper plant, the big fern, the tender variegated hibiscus, the tomato plant (cuz it still has some fruit that's not red), the orchids, the coffee and pandan and bog lilies, the pitcher plants and sky flowers, this that and the other, and we tucked them all in, nice and warm, in the green house. 


It was a lot of work, and it will be a lot of work to get them out in the spring, but sometimes they bloom all winter down there.  And it would be sad to lose them all - some of them would not be easy to replace.
 And when we were moving them all in, I discovered two bloom stalks on the green orchid.  It went into the kitchen so that I can see the flowers when they open.  It is going to be so pretty!

2 comments:

Dena said...

Can I come back where it is warm? Everything here is very frozen.

Teresa said...

You can come back anytime you want . . . but it is going to freeze tonight. The temps were in the mid 60's today but they've been dropping fast this evening. I will probably even have to turn on the heat in the SubT tonight . . . not just the light.