Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Decided!


Thanks so much for all the opinions.  I agree with everyone.  Any of those colors would look great, but I went with the rust and really love it.  I'm nearly done but so far from done at the same time.  Each row now has about 700 stitches and I have one more increase row and then a small section after that.  I think it is going to look great when it gets done - and it needs to get done because I need to knit sleeves on my blue sweater.

Tomorrow is tatting day though - because I've been knitting and not tatting for a while.  I've already printed out a bunch of patterns - something easy and maybe something a little more challenging.

 This is my daphne odora bush - it's actually two bushes, but the small one is sort of behind the big one.  This baby is more than waist high - 3 1/2 feet tall or more and wider than it is tall.  I've only ever seen one other that was this big.  It's absolutely covered with buds and when they all open, my entire back yard is going to smell divine!  I can't wait (wish I could capture the smell to share).

 Bad closeup of open flowers . . . I'll do better another day.


3 comments:

Typstatting said...

The rust really does make it! Well done and enjoy wearing it!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Beautiful! I love the strip of rust!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

This shawl looks like it will actually keep you warm! The lacy ones are pretty, but not necessarily practical! I love the ribbing and the rust stripe. However, I can't imagine 700 stitches, with more to come! That has to be a really long circular needle! I know you'll finish it, though.

I have never heard of a daphne odora bush, but then I'm not too well versed in plants! It's very attractive! Apparently your weather is warm enough in January for it to start blooming? I'm just a little envious, here in Pittsbugh. We keep alternating between snowy days and warm days into the 50s. I'll take the 'warm' days!