Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Terrific Tatting

I've been playing with my tatting today (and yesterday a little).  This little butterfly is called Hope and is a pattern by Lady Shuttlemaker.  You can find the pattern here.  It wasn't difficult, but I think I'll make a few little changes to adjust the pattern to my tatting the next time I make it.  I like the way it's outlined with black and the color is in the middle, so I might just make another one tonight.


This little dragonfly was posted on Umi & Tsuru's blog a few days ago.  I thought it was interesting and different and it didn't look too difficult to me, so I printed the pattern and decided to try it.  It wasn't too difficult (sorry about the bad picture tho), and it was kind of fun.

I found the pattern for these little butterflies here - it was created by Monica Mancenido.  It's easy, quick and kind of fun to make.  Two of these little guys are going to be part of the mystery project - or are at least going to go with the mystery project.
This is actually the most exciting tatting I've done recently.  The rings on the bottom are just plain ordinary rings.  The rings on the top, the ones with the picots are Self Closing Mock Rings.  Yep, I taught myself how to do them. I decided that I really wanted to make some things that require the use of Self Closing Mock Rings and I really needed to figure them out.  And I did.  Now I'm going to make my September Bookmark using SCMRs!!!

And since I know you are waiting for today's hint, here are two!!!  Nobody has figured out what the mystery project is yet, but maybe this will give it away!!!  Two clues in one day should make it easy peasey!!!!

Tomorrow is Knitting Monday and I have a project all ready to start . . .

No comments: