Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

This is a blog about fiber arts . . .

right?

Well, that and other things that interest me or might interest you. So, here are some gorgeous flowers from my yard - first the daphne which smells absolutely divine right now! And second, one of the many camelias . . .




Now the fibery things. I had to put poor Mr. Greenjeans back in time out. No, I didn't try him on and decide he was still sized wrong, I just got assigned knitting with a deadline. The blue sparkly shawl (to be) is for the bat in Charlotte's web and must be done by April first. That wouldn't be difficult, but I must also have the sheep and lamb done by then and that makes the deadline a little tougher to do - but still doable, I think.



And this is the deep turquoise/purple yarn I made with the Miss Babs rovings that I want to make into a shawl like D's beaded shawl. See how good those beads look with it? Imagine just how pretty it's going to be. Wonder if I'll get it done before I come visit again . . . ok, maybe I'll get to start it the next time I come visit.






And, these are the pieces I tatted with Dena when I was out there. Two celtic motifs and a celtic butterfly. I didn't take a picture of the snail because it sucked. I'll take a picture of the new one I make that is going to be beautiful . . . when I get it made.























These are two little bits I've made since I came home - a Dove and a butterfly. They are both from the online tatting lessons. I'm working on another piece that's much bigger and more ambitious and I hope I can finish it. If I do, it will be the biggest piece I've ever done. I've decided that I really like tatting and it would be too easy to let it go and forget what I've learned. The more I do it the easier it gets and the nicer my finished pieces look and I want to keep it that way. So I have resolved to tat some at least every week. I would like to say I'm going to tat some every day, but I doubt I would be able to keep that up, so I'm going for an easier target. If you don't see tatting on here at least once a week, I'm slipping and need to be reminded of my resolution.

No comments: