Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Wow! This ain't tomorrow, is it?

I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted anything. And it's not like I have nothing at all to post, cuz I've got tons of stuff. But I've been busy - school is always busy especially with the different schedules the girls keep, but the first few weeks of school are always busier than I expect even when I expect the worst!

So, first, here are the finished Austermann Step socks, knit in the Small Capitals pattern by Charlene Schurch (Sensational Knitted Socks book). I love this pattern (the stitch pattern) because it's really elastic and really hugs your foot and feels really good. I'm not so thrilled with the heel and tho it was easy enough to do, the fit isn't as good as a traditional top down flap heel. So, if I do toe up, I'll stick with short row heels in the future.






Yum! Chocolate!!!
And second, this is a gift for a friend. I found it and some other high cacao content chocolate and got it for him because he mentioned he liked some kind and he thought it might have been discontinued. I know he pops in here and checks the blog every now and then, so maybe he'll see the pic.
More posts soon - very soon. And where are the pics of the new house? And the yarn bowls? and the rest of the birthday goodness? I think it might be your turn to post something!

No comments: