Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Tatting - Yes, Really!!

Monday and yesterday I tatted.  It's been so long!  I have a friend coming to town today and there is a party for her 80th birthday tomorrow.  I wanted something special to give her and she's a very accomplished knitter but not a tatter so I thought I would tat her Mary Konior's Large Cross.

I started in a deep magenta/burgundy thread.  I had almost finished - was on the fourth arm - when I realized that I wasn't going to have enough shuttle thread.  I don't do extra ends and besides the ball was attached so I would have had to cut BOTH ends and that means 6 ends to work in.  That wasn't happening so I scrapped that cross and wound another shuttle with this thread (Lizbeth I don't know which color).  

It's not perfect, but It was good to get back to tatting after sooooo long!

Teresa

5 comments:

IsDihara said...

Such a lovely cross! Might I hazard a guess for your thread color: either Lizbeth 117 Countryside or 164 Blue River Glades?

Michelle said...

Blue river glades, methinks. Beautiful work!

Teresa said...

Thank you, I'm quite proud of it after such a length of time not tatting.

Yes, Blue River Glades - I remember buying that but the label wasn't with the thread and I couldn't remember the name!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! Now it's time for a Spinning Wheel!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Beautiful cross! I'll have to remember that thread color! I admire your perseverance in starting over. You would never know you've been away from tatting for so long, but you have been busy with lots of spectacular knitting projects!