Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

I Had This Idea . . .



I wanted to knit a 20's style cloche.  So I went to Ravelry and looked for a pattern.  I found some patterns but they weren't quite right - in fact, they were all wrong. 
So I decided to write my own pattern.
This is the first attempt at it and while I like this hat, it isn't quite right yet.
Girl Far From Home will wear this one and I will alter the pattern where I think it needs to be altered.
I have already started to knit the next one . . . more later.

Teresa

5 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Very chic! Is it felted?

Dena said...

If you did one of the test knits in red with purple stripe, your mother would wear it.

Dena said...

Or I could be a test knitter for you and make one in Red and Purple and give it to your mother.
Why would I volunteer to test knit for you for free AND then give the test knit object to YOUR mother. Cause I am oh so nice.

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa said...

The revised version is knit - same colors - and I like it a lot. I do need a test knitter or two, so I will take you up on your offer. We can pick up the yarn when you are here. It is a quick knit - started the second hat last night at nine and it is finished, felted and drying. It takes longer to dry than to knit. Pics tomorrow maybe.

Stupid iPad.