Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Olympic Knitting

So you want an update on my Olympic Knitting? It's going well. The torch lighting was so late here that I barely cast on the first project before I went to sleep. But I did enjoy the opening ceremonies - especially KD Lang's song. And I finished the green sweater before they lit the torch, so I at least got something out of my knitting bag before putting two new projects in it. (Mr. Greenjeans is still in time out, but I'll work on that later.)So, here's the February Baby sweater from Knitter's Almanac. The body is supposed to be knit to desired length and it's not quite there yet . . . but it's close. I'm planning to knit the sleeves in the round because I really hate seaming. It won't be difficult at all to finish this before closing ceremonies.
Next, the Foxhead mittens - you can see the beginnings of the foxhead pattern if you look closely. They are another story altogether. I've knit them this far twice (before this time) and farther than this once. The first time I was knitting them on dpns and thought that the stranded work was too tight and not stretchy enough so I ripped it back to the ribbing and restarted on two circs. The second time I realized I had knit past the thumb opening and so had to rip back and put it in. The third time I realized that the fox head pattern started BEFORE the thumb opening and I had not started it even well after I'd gotten there, so I had to rip back again. If I ever start paying attention to the pattern, they will go a lot faster.

And lastly, some pics of my photographer that I meant to post the other day. She far prefers to be behind the camera, but every now and then I manage to catch her with the viewfinder. She is a most helpful photographer even if she is a most unwilling model.

1 comment:

Alpaca Granny said...

Your photographer is sooooo cute.