Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Knitting Olympics

The Yarn Harlot is once again running the Knitting Olympics. She was the one who came up with this brilliant Idea and until Ravelry came along, she was the one who ran it. I haven't quite figured out how it works on Ravelry, but the Harlot's concept is simple and elegant. You figure out what you want to knit from start to finish during the time the winter olympics are going on. That's a 17 day project, but it's not supposed to be something easy for you to finish in that time - it should be a challenge for you to complete. Then you go to her blog and she has a special sign up page - you enter a name and what you plan to try to complete. Once you have signed up you can go look at a list of all those who have entered and what they plan to try to accomplish.


I signed up. I'm almost finished with the plain green sweater - just the bottom ribbing left to do and ends to work in. It should be finished very soon - maybe today? The blue Greenjeans is in the bottom of the knitting bag because I ripped out all the cabled ribbing that I had knit - about 9 inches of it. It really hurt my hands to knit that, so I guess I'm avoiding redoing it. I knit a little bat for one of Miss S's actress friends who is playing the bat in Charlotte's Web. I have lots of things I want to knit but a few I have to knit. I'm going to have to get working on a shawl for the show and I need to make at least two baby gifts. So, for my olympics I'm going to do one - project that I have to do - a february baby sweater - and one that I want to do - Foxhead mittens for someone going to cold country soon. I'm making them in hunter green and yellow - the school colors of a certain college. (Good thing she rarely reads this blog.)



Wanna join me?

No comments: