Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Knitting Books! (and lots of them . . .)


Well, we did have a bit of a party on Miss S's birthday even tho Dad was out of town. We opened all her birthday presents and all the lovely Christmas Presents that Mom sent. I'm actually glad they arrived after Christmas because they were so special and we had so much fun opening them all by themselves.
I didn't take pics of the makeup or perfume or mittens but they were all appreciated none-the-less. The girls were both absolutely thrilled with them (and me too!).
I was even more thrilled with the knitting books. And overwhelmed at the number of them! I have already begun reading the Knitting Yarns and Spinning Tales and am enjoying the stories immensely.
And I always love Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, so Free Range Knitter is next on my list!


As for the sock books, I have a substantial stash of sock yarn that is waiting to be knit. I still have some of the yarn Mom sent before and need to find a pattern for my husband's socks. I should be able to find something in either The Eclectic Sole or Folk Socks. I wonder if I can use some of my sock yarn to knit a pair of mittens from Folk Mittens?



























And the dvds were definitely the hit of the party! Everytime a new set came out of a bag, someone screamed! Miss S had a friend spending the night, and the two of them stayed up till 4:30 in the morning watching the new dvds - that wasn't so good for them, but at least we know they enjoyed them. And I've been fortunate enough to have gotten to watch a few shows since they were opened too! We leave for the beach today and the Dr. Who and Torchwood will come with us!


And, last, but not least, some knitting that's been happening! I've been knitting and ripping and reknitting these fingerless Mitts for Miss M for about a month now and it looks like they might eventually be finished. I didn't use a pattern, just kinda did what I wanted and not all of it worked. These are down to the thumb gusset tho, so it looks like they'll be finished before we get back. Hope so cuz I'm tired of them.

No comments: