Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Knitting, Sniffing and Dancing


First the knitting. I was so tired of knitting spiders and didn't want to finish the blue Mr. Greenjeans (still don't) and this book came in the mail . . . and well, I just jumped off of everything else and knit this hat. It only took a couple of days - 3 I think. It would have taken even less if I'd spend less time driving and more time out of the car, but that's my life these days. It was incredibly fun to knit too. It's from Anna Zilboorg's book 45 Fine and Fanciful Hats which is, unfortunately, out of print. There are so many cool hats in there that I'm going to start another one for Miss S and then make her some mittens from Magnificent Mittens and Socks, also by Anna Zilboorg (and a mother's day present to me).



Now, on to sniffing - well, ok not really. This is the first passion flower bloom of the year - and I have to admit that the buds were set in the SubT before the plants came out for the summer. The second is like one of those voodoo bulbs. It's in the same family as those plants that botanical gardens grow that only rarely bloom and the bloom smells like a dead body. This stinks too - really bad. That's why the plant is by the pond and not on the patio. If you click on the pic, you can see flies on the flower. It's yucky to smell, but kinda cool to look at.





















And last, but not least, the Dancing. Both girls had fancy dress up dances this week - one had a formal on Thursday (no school on Friday) and the other had her Prom on Friday night. Then she went to an all night party afterward. So here you have them in the finest, looking stunning if I do say so myself! I think they both had fun.

No comments: