Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pretty, pretty . . .

I decided that I didn't really like the way the cable hat that I made fit, so it's becoming the yarn for a new hat. I'm adding some white Debbie Bliss Cashmerino bulky as a strip in the middle because I wasn't sure I had enough of the blue Malabrigo. We'll see how it looks when it's done. I'm not using a pattern, just the same concept that the Yarn Harlot used for the hat she made her daughter.


I cast on the Miss Babs (forget the color name, but I like it) socks for my husband, but since he's in the doghouse, I've decided they might become mine. I really like this yarn - it feels nice and the colors are nice.








Miss S made me buy her some more of the Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande to make more hats. This variegated pastel yarn is for a lady at the school who has been very helpful to both girls this week - I'm talking way above and beyond the call of duty.




This is actually a dark blue, but not even navy. The camera doesn't like dark colors very much. This yarn is for the girl to make her father a hat. He wants his just like the girl's own hat and the one she made the boyfriend but I said it had to be different. It would be totally uncool for your father to have the same hat as you and your boyfriend, right?

This is some Mountain Colors Bearfoot that I saw and liked. And I had a pattern that wanted something with some different colors in the variegation. So it followed me home and I was ok with that . . . .


And finally, took the broken child to the doctor after she'd had the brace on for just over the 3 weeks that it was prescribed for . . . and found out that it didn't do the trick. The arm hadn't healed enough and probably should have been in a real cast from the get go. So, we came home with this (and yes, black was her choice), which we get to keep for the next two weeks. Glad I didn't listen to DH and just take the brace off and assume that everything was hunky dory!


No comments: