Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I have turned a heel . . . .

And it was not that difficult. I've been experimenting with new ways to do heels and toes on socks. I have several books on socks and right now, I'm working my way thru Charlene Schurch's Sensational Socks. This heel was quick and easy - and I think I will use it again if it fits when I'm done with the socks.

Knitting with the sock flats is a little wierd - the kink in the yarn made it a bit difficult to figure out if I had guage or not. We'll have to see what happens when the socks are blocked. And I was shocked at how different the knitted socks looked from the knitted blank. Somehow I expected to see greater puddles of yellow than I actually see in the socks, and the orange has practically disappeared altogether. But I still like the socks and I like the pattern I knit into them. Not sure if I'll write it up as a pattern or not tho - may be more trouble than it's worth.

Someone planted a tomato plant this year and it has finally started to produce one tiny little fruit. Of course he wouldn't listen to me or let me touch it all summer. Funny, but that one little fruit started to grow just a couple of days after I pollinated one of the flowers with a paintbrush. And that flower appeared just about two weeks after I cut all the excess leaves off the plant. Of course I did all that when someone was at work because he would have killed me if I'd done it when he could see it.

No comments: