Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Summer Flies



Finished the large test knit I was working on last weekend.  I can't show it yet because it's a mystery knit along for a yarn company and it hasn't started yet.  I was working on it almost exclusively because I had a deadline for it (end of June).  But I had to have something easy on the needles for when I got tired of that or when I was drinking (it was definitely not drinking knitting).  This was a quick and easy knit.  I changed the end of it - the last lacy section (knotted openwork) is several rows longer than the pattern called for it to be because I wanted to use up all the yarn.  The ruffle on the bottom is done differently because I wanted it to really ruffle right on the end - it worked pretty nicely I think.

My model was reluctant, so I chopped off her head.

Teresa

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! I love the blue... surprise! I'm only on row 50... have been for three weeks or so. Mine's in peach. I don't know why I chose peach instead of blue, but I did.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you knit the prettiest shawls! Very elegant!
Katie V in NC katie at r-v-r dot com