Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Finally!!!

It seems that I've finally found the right size needles, right number of stitches, right gauge and right pattern to get a sock that won't drown my foot. I haven't measured it to see what the gauge is since the gauge the pattern calls for doesn't work. But the socks are back to about half where they were the second time I ripped them out and they seem to fit fairly well. (They are still a tad loose, but part of that could be the needles pulling.)
I couldn't be happier to actually be knitting something that might not get ripped out again. I have two more hedgehogs to do and lots of socks and I am getting itchy about starting my norwegian sweater. It's been a while since I did anything complicated. I really need to get into something that will challenge my brain a bit.

Girlfriend had such a great time at the engineering camp that she came home psyched to build a new robot. I'm happy to see it and can't wait to see what she ends up with . . . . She had a great time at camp and, I think, learned a lot. She wants to go back and do it again next year. That's just fine with me.

No comments: