Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Finishing things up

This is my week for finishing things that have been languishing or that have just taken too long.  I really do tend to be a monogomous knitter - even when I have four or five projects on the needles.  And I really don't like having more than two projects going at a time.  I do like to have two at a time though because then I can have one challenging one and another that's easy for when I only have short amounts of time or when I have a few glasses of wine (or something).

So, here are the Watermelon Socks for Girl Far From Home - they are on That Other Girl's feet which is why they look a little big.  I think they turned out really cute.  The hardest part was placing the beads randomly - I am too anal to be good at random.

Honey was sad when he found out that our farm truck was totally out of peaches (shouldn't have been a surprise, peaches have been done in Georgia for a while).  So he went out and found these at a store - not saying which one out of pure embarrassment that he actually bought them there.  These suckers are HUGE.  That's my iPhone in the box with them - they barely fit in your hand!  Unfortunately, they don't taste as good as the ones we were getting at the farm truck and they have an odd texture too. 

 So, what to do with them? 
Cut 'em up and plop them in some wine.  Wine tastse good with fruit and the fruit tastes better with wine.

And you know you've been missing the Zuzu cuteness, so here is a little taste for you.
Last Saturday she did nothing but eat and sleep.  She got up at 7:00 and had a big breakfast.  Then she slept until 11:00 when she woke up and told me that she was starving.  I tried to tell her it was too early for lunch, but she insisted so I gave her lunch.  Then she fell asleep again - the kind of sleep where you absolutely cannot wake her, you can stand her up or shake her or squeak her toy and her eyes roll back in her head and she's asleep.  At 2:00 she woke up and told me it was lunch time - I reminded her that she had eaten her lunch at 11:00 and she swore that was breakfast because Dad didn't give her any.  So I fed her again and she went back to that deathly sleep.  At 6:00, both she and Casey were ready for supper so I fed them - and I gave her extra because I knew she was going to be hungry because it had been that kind of day.  

She promptly ate all of her dinner - inhaled it actually - and then proceeded to eat almost all of Casey's dinner.  Her tummy felt like a little basketball.

She came on the 9th of August.
On the 15th and she weighed 2 lbs 5 oz.
On the 5th of September and she weighed 3 lbs 4 oz.
I weighed her this morning and she now weighs 4 lbs 5 oz.
She's growing way too fast - maybe I shouldn't feed her anymore.



Jane McLellan said...

I LOVE your watermelon socks!!! Those are really cool.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

This is a rather mouth-watering pos! The socks are perfect! The peaches are yummy! And what sweet puppy pictures!