Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Tatting

I have been tatting a lot lately.  I didn't like this three color Christmas Mix thread from Lizbeth when I first started tatting with it, but it's growing on me.  I think it looks better in person than in a close up picture for one thing.  

In fact, I like Mary Konior's Posey so much in this thread that I have already made two and have another one working.  I'm going to send one to Mom and give one to another friend.  That Other Girl wants to give several away, so I'm making more for her.  I am not sure exactly why these two came out so different in size or which size the rest will be.

And, I made some more of the angels from The Complete Book of Tatting by Rebecca Jones for my own Christmas Tree.  I love this little angel pattern.  I think I will make more of these to give away too.

I found the pattern for this darling little angel on Sharren's Random Stitches - it's called Sharren's Angel.  It's super quick and easy and you can change the look by changing the picots.  I made more of them, but I'm not sure where I put them.  I am going to hang them on my tree this year too.  I am also going to send some of these to Mom because she loves angels.

This was just to finish off a little bit of thread . . . I think it turned out cute.


1 comment:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Lovely little ornaments! I need to keep on knitting and crocheting, probably for the whole next week... then I shall tat!