Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Tatting

These are all gifts that are going out in the mail today.  The recipients are not expecting them so perhaps they will still be a little surprised and pleased to get them.  They are to be opened immediately anyway, so I'm sharing them here.

First, this little angel - she came from The Complete Book of Tatting by Rebecca Jones.  I got it out because of Sally's last post and found these little treasures in it.  Aren't they cute?  I love them and I think I'm going to tat a bunch more to put on presents - wish I'd found the pattern sooner because I have already sent a lot of the presents that had to be mailed.

Then there are these little bits and bobs that I made into ornaments.  They were too pretty and too Christmassy to just leave laying around.  They are going to someone who I hope will put then on her tree and think of me when she sees them.  The two that are the same are Anne Bruvold's shuttle pattern (here) and the other two are just made up.  I do like the little 3d flower I made - might make another one in different colors for myself.

This is a snowflake designed by Jos van der Helm in 2001.  I found it on the web archive of Maus' Round Robin site - found that on Gina's Threads of a Tatting Goddess Blog.  There is a link to the wayback pictures of the site and if you dig around a bit, you can find some patterns and some pictures.  There are a couple of errors in this pattern as I found it in the archives, but it's a terrific little snowflake that is very easy to make.  I really like easy.

And this is Angels in the Snow - designed by Miranda of Tatting Fool Blogspot.  I really like this pattern - it isn't impossible and it looks fabulous!

So that's the tatting that has been going on around here - at least that's what I can (but maybe shouldn't) show.  I'm really having fun with this right about now.  I need to put the tatting down and get to the knitting - it's not going to finish itself by Christmas.  

Right now though, I'm going to go make some tea.


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oooooooh, that little angel is a cutie. I like the Jos van der Helm flake but I think particularly because of the colors. Nicely done!

Dena said...

I love the thread - I am seeing it everywhere but in my hands.

Love your bits and bobs - your are getting good enough to do something hard - like maybe a chess set or nativity set or tea set or something

Madtatter80 said...

love your work and I used to belong to the tatting form and did an exchange, I received an angels in the snow ornament did you make it? cause it looks exactly like this one? I am from Carollyn's tatting blog. or madtatter80