Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Video Tatting Group!



Diane (Lace-Lovin' Librarian), Michelle (Tela Magistrae), Cindy (A Happy Bluebird), Dena (Stitching 'n' Knitting) and I all met this morning for a video chat tatting session.  We overcame a few technical difficulties (well, we did lose one participant due to technical difficulties) and then we had a terrific time.  

Michelle and Cindy taught the rest of us how to do Single Shuttle Split Rings . . . which I have needed to learn for a long time.  Now I'm going to go make a dragon!

Then we tried to work on Split Chains but they were too difficult to do over a video chat and the teacher didn't really know what she was doing well enough to teach well.  Maybe she'll be better prepared next time.

When is next time going to be?

And just for the sake of posterity, I want everyone to know that this is my very first blog post made on the new iMac computer.  I had a devil of a time finding the pictures after I edited them.  I still have a LOT to learn about this crazy machine!




4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

A great time was had by all! Your pictures look great. I think I really need to learn how to use my camera!

I love my Mac! I've been a dedicated Apple Computer user since the Apple Iic... at home that is! My mom, three of my four daughters and I are die-hard Mac users. We've each had to work with DOS and Windows at school and work, so we really are bi-lingual when it comes to computer usage. We just prefer our Macs! : )

I'm ready for the next get-together. Maybe technology will be on our side next time!

IsDihara said...

I missed it! Was all set with ooVoo uploaded, but thought it was happening on Monday instead of today. Boo Hoo!

Crossing fingers that I can join in for the second one. Thanks so much for sharing screen shots of what it looked like. I was so curious!

Cindy said...

Boo Hoo Isdihara - hopefully next time we will be a little more organized :) It WAS fun! Frustrating and funny at the same time trying to keep up with the videos. It's great to learn from eachother - and if we can't do it in person, this is the next best way! I'm looking forward to next time we can get a time scheduled.

Good job with the Mac :)

Michelle said...

Well if SOMEONE had sent the right date to begin with, that would have helped! I'm so sorry, Isdihara!

It was fun! I'll send info for the next.