Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

'Nother Anna Zilboorg Hat

 So first I grabbed a dozen bits of leftover Galway wool - my favorite yarn because it's so easy for me to get, not terribly expensive and comes in sooooo many colors.  It's not fancy, it's just a great all purpose worsted weight yarn and I use it for a lot of stranded color work.

 Then I just randomly began grabbing the balls and knitting.  I did pick out the darkest colors for the backgrounds - there are four different background colors on this hat.

 This is another Anna Zilboorg hat from 45 Fine & Fanciful Hats.  I love that book and the crazy but lovely hats in it.  There is still one more type of hat in the book that I have not knit - the beret.  I'm sure I'll knit one (or more) eventually.  There are five of each type of hat in the book, so there are still a lot of hats left for me to knit, thank goodness.

 I just love how the colors came out - they don't show true in this photograph - the first two photos show the colors better.

 No, I wouldn't actually wear the hat like this.  I would wear it flatter.  I set it up like this for photographing it so you could see the layers and how it's made.  


This is the finished hat.  Sorry about the less than terrific iPhone photos - the hat is currently in the costume shop at the school as we are working on another musical.  That is actually what the last two hats were knit for, we will be using some of my hats as part of the costumes so I will need to make five or six of whichever one they choose.  There is another hat, a three level hat (pictured here) that they are also considering.  Both the three level and this two level hat are a lot of knitting.  Diane, this one took me three evenings to finish.  It should have only taken two, but I was tired from working in the costume shop all day.  When I get all the hats back, I will take a couple shots of all of them together - they are fun and wild.

Teresa

2 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Awesome hat!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

lovely hat and love all of Anna's work; she's tremendously talented.