Pages

Friday, May 9, 2008

Sad Lack of Teen Sweaters

I realized the other day that there are almost no knitting patterns specifically designed for teenagers. I've knit the girls many sweaters and tops, but not from patterns designed for teens. I've either scaled down adult patterns (often), or made up my own patterns. So, that's what I'm going to start doing - writing patterns for teenagers. I need sizing for average teenagers tho - anyone know where I can get it?

Toward that end, I have one design on the needles now and will be writing up (and selling hopefully). I'm planning to do another one right after. If you two have any ideas for more, I'm open.

Here's some pics of some sweaters I've made for the girls:


1 comment:

Dena said...

Teresa - I think this is a wonderful idea. I love what you have so far, especially the shirts with the frilly edge to the sleeves and neck.

Almost makes me wish a had a young girl.

What about teenage boys?