Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Quick Knit




This is called Trailing Ivy and the pattern was created by Alana Dakos.  It was the September Miss Babs Knitting Tour shipment.  The yarn is DK weight Kunlun and the color is Glamping.  (The color and pattern are exclusive to the Tour for 6 months, I think).  It was a fun and super quick knit - only about 5 days of knitting and no all day knitting, just evenings.  I enjoyed it thoroughly and think the end result is lovely.  I did make one little change . . . I checked my gauge well after I started and realized that I was knitting a bit larger than I should be so I asked someone who had finished if there was enough yarn or extra.  When they told me that they had quite a bit of extra, I decided to add the row of leaves along the edge to use up all the yarn.  Then weighed the rest of my yarn and knit a row or two and weighed the yarn again so I would know how much yarn a row took.  When I was on the right side and had enough for two more rows I bound off.  (I needed enough for two rows because of the picots). I ended up with about 3 yards of yarn leftover.  

Teresa

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! I'm not sure I could finish it in five days, but I do love knitting shawls.

Jane McLellan said...

Lovely. Yes, five days seems a very short time! Good to use up all the yarn but have enough to finish.