Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Orchid Thief

When we decided to do the KAL for Orchid Thief, I had to choose a yarn.  I had been saving this yarn for something very special because it was so beautiful and sparkly and soft.  So very very squishably soft.

So I started the Orchid Thief Shawl.
I don't know if I like the way the colors are turning out.  Or if it is too many colors to let the pattern show.
So I kept knitting.

I am on the last repeat of the third section then I have one repeat of the outer flowers.  I am NOT ripping it out.  The colors are sort of growing on me again.  And it is soft and squishy.

I think I am just an earth tones kind of person at heart.


Dena

3 comments:

Sally Kerson said...

I love the colours, and although the pattern seems a bit lost the overall effect is great - keep going!

Jane McLellan said...

Wonderful yarn!

Teresa said...

Well, I don't think it is going to be that bad, but the yarn was undoubtably prettier in the skein. My advice is knit it as loosely as you can and block it out as far as you can so the lacework shows. You might want to go up a needle size when you get to the orchids. And because I know you hate blocking and because I love you, you can mail it to me and I will block it for you.