Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas Wreaths

These are the little Christmas Wreaths I made - they can be used as pins to wear or as ornaments. I am going to use one as a pin and give the other two away. I thought they were cute.

The pattern can be found here:
http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/christmas/i-cord-wreath.htm

I altered the way the berries were made because they had a hole in them using the pattern. I cast on 3 stitches and then purled in the back and front of the first and last stitch on the next row (made 5 stitches). Then I knit a row and then purled a row. On the next row, I knit two together, knit one, knit two together (left 3 stitches). Last row I purled 3 together and then pulled the yarn thru the one stitch to tie off. I left 6" of thread at the cast on edge and 6" at the bind off edge. I took a needle and ran the ends thru the side stitches (one on each side) then pulled the ends tight and gathered the stitches - made perfectly round little berries. Then I took those ends and the green ends from the icord and tied them in a bow behind the berries.

No comments: