Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2020

Something Different

This is absolutely not my normal type of crafting.  But it was kind of fun and I am pretty happy with the results.

This is in the new house in Florida.  This bathroom is upstairs in what is basically a second master bedroom.  I didn’t take before pictures but the wallpaper was peeling off (and ugly) and the shower curtain had fallen down.  We had the remaining wallpaper stripped and then had the trim painted white and the walls painted muslin.  Then we had the painters add the three stripes - they match the Mexican tile in my new bar.  Then hubby got the brilliant idea that I should pain the same pattern as is on the tiles on the walls of the bathroom.  Not sure that was a good idea but he found this stencil before the stripes were done and that was a good idea.




The two motifs that are done are slightly different because I sort of made a mess of the first one.  I fixed it and now it looks fine.  I have two more to do on the long wall to the right in the full picture.

And for reference, here is the tile in the bar without the shelves.

And the completed bar with some liquor in it.



I am pretty happy with both the bar and the bathroom.

Teresa

1 comment:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Clever idea! I don't think I'd have thought of replicating the tile in another room.