Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Dogwoods in Bloom



A younger friend of ours let us know she was having a baby girl.  
She wanted a lacy, pretty baby blanket in pale yellow.
Dogwood by Tin Can Knits seemed just right and I had wanted to knit it anyway.
It is knit in blocks from the center out.

 After I knit the blocks and blocked them to shape, I decided that I wasn't going to sew them together.
I tried several knitting patterns and settled on this one - a lacy little bit to knit the two blocks together.




 Knitting together was pretty quick and easy.
Then I had to figure out the edging.

I used pretty much the same pattern around the outside for the edging.

And the baby blanket was finished and delivered before the baby arrived!

Teresa

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That is a beautiful pattern! I love the way the baby blanket turned out!

Jane McLellan said...

Wow, that's a lovely baby blanket!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I continue to be astounded at the amount of knitting you do and your speed in completing the items, and you also improve them. This blanket should have been designed this way! And Purl the Little Knit Girl is absolutely unique! I can't imagine how the designer came up with the concept, and your innovations are wonderful. Excellent photos, also!

calanvalenza said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.