Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Cooking

 Maddie and I decided that we needed to do some cooking.
Those are leeks, potatoes, and onions.

I chopped the leeks and onions and cooked them in butter until they were soft. 
Then I tossed the sliced potatoes in with a bunch of chicken broth.
Cooked that until everything was soft then blended it all together and put through a sieve to make it smooth.  I added some milk, regular cream and then brought it to a boil before putting through the sieve again.  Chilled it and added some heavy whipping cream.

 Et voila!  Vichessoise - delicious!


 Then Mads and I peeled a few dozen lemons and added the peels to bottles of vodka.
The juice went towards cocktails and lemonade.


In a week or so, we will add simple syrup and this will become Limoncella!!!

Teresa 




1 comment:

Jane McLellan said...

Funnily enough, I made leek soup yesterday, though I didn't sieve or cool it, it was more a leek and chicken soup.