Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pentagon Hat

One of two hat types I have (had) not yet knit from 45 Fine and Fanciful Hats by Anna Zilboorg.  This one was knit in just one color instead of the stranded color work the book calls for because I needed to get it done super quick.  It took about an evening to knit.  

I love it but I think it either should have been knit stranded or knit on a smaller needle.  It was fine while I was knitting it, but after I washed the hat for blocking it became a bit too floppy for me.  Live and learn.

This was a sample for theater knitting.  It looks like this style has been rejected but that's ok.  Now I have another hat for myself.  I'm going to need warm headwear next time I visit Dena.

Teresa

2 comments:

Michelle said...

This is an adorable hat! I love it!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love that hat! One evening? You must be a speed knitter. I have yet to finish the hat I started three years ago!