Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Finished Shawl

This is the Damask Rose shawl from The Unique Sheep blocking.  It pinned out to almost 5' across (each letter square is a foot across).  I think it turned out to be a quite nice shawl.  I like the way it fits . . . unfortunately, I haven't gotten any shots of a person wearing it yet.

This is how the gradience changes look on the edging - see it starts with the peach/yellow and merges into the green/yellow.  

And this is the back of the finished shawl.  It's pretty large - probably 2 1/2 feet from the neck to the bottom - so it's a nice warm shawl to wear when I'm chilly in my knitting chair.

Teresa

2 comments:

Kathy Niklewicz said...

This is fabulous - a work of art! I'm always impressed with knitters who make these lacy shawls. There is no way I would want to keep track of all those stitches with such a fine yarn! It truly boggles my mind!! This should be entered in a Fair or Show!

Jane McLellan said...

Beautiful work!