Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

Now THAT might have been a mistake . . .

I finished spinning the second 4 ounces of the lovely Midnight Corriedale Roving from Northern Lights Fiber. It was so nice to spin that I spun the entire second 4 ounces in one sitting last night. Then I set out to ply it this morning and after a good soaking, it's now hanging to dry. I promise better pics tomorrow. I haven't done anything with the scraps yet.



And the extra 4 ounces of chocolate brown alpaca/merino blend that I bought from North Star Alpacas came today. I had mentioned to her that I was considering buying some brown/white/gray alpaca that she had in her shop and she said she'd tuck a sample in for me to try - well, her sample was a full 2 ounces! She is the nicest lady to deal with ever. And, since the alpaca is so easy to spin, and so lovely to knit with, I have lots of good reasons to buy more. Not the least of which is . . .
The new spinner in my house! She kept watching me and asking questions and finally got up the courage to ask if she could try it. She's been trying it for two days and is getting pretty good. So far, she's just been practicing on the wensleydale - which I bought for practicing/learning on (for me to learn on anyway). She's getting pretty good and she sure likes it a lot! Good thing there are a couple of wheels and a couple of spindles in the house!
Letting her learn to spin on a wheel might have been a mistake . . . good thing I have more than one wheel . . .




2 comments:

Dena said...

I am glad you are doing your practice teaching on smart people so you will be qualified to teach me.
Do not be disappointed if I don't learn as quickly.

Teresa said...

On the way home from the doctor (she has a sinus infection, double ear infection and crackles in her lungs) she told me that she liked spinning at least as much as playing electronic games . . . this really could be trouble.