Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Seed stitch washcloth

Okay guys. I have about two inches done and here is the secret.

Stitch markers.

During your knit 6 rows, put stitch markers as follows: 3 (knit border); 7 (k1p1 rib); 6 moss - 1ea across, 2 rows of each); 7; 6; 7; 6; 7; 6; 7; 3.

The pattern instructions are written for sets of 13 [(k1, p1) 6 times, p1] or [(p1, k1) 3 times, p1, (p1, k1) 3 times]. Just don't worry about the instructions fitting 6 and 7, they won't always but they will ALWAYS fit the 13 (a 6 plus a 7).

Even mom says it looks like the book picture.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I just made up my own version of it - it's basically the same as theirs. But it doesn't confuse me like theirs did. And stitch markers are always good - good thing I have several hundred of them!